Last updated Aug 2021
PhytoGaia is committed to protecting your privacy and providing a safe and secure online environment.
PhytoGaia is the owner and content provider of www.phytogaia.com.
2) Collection of Personal Data
We collect your information in two ways: (1) directly (including personal information like name and email address provided to us by you when you subscribe to our services: newsletters, technical papers, webinars, promotions, videos and Ingredient Focus presentations and (2) indirectly (as in when you visit our website, some technical details will automatically be supplied to our computers via your devices, like the IP address, the operating system and the internet browser used). You may have given your prior consent, which you may withdraw at any time (such as for marketing purposes).
The personal information collected (1) directly from you may contain the following details:
- Date of contact
- Job Title
- Professional Interests
3) Use of Personal Data
We use the collected data in the following ways:
- To provide you with our services: various newsletters, technical papers, webinars, promotions, videos
- To enrich our knowledge of your specific interests based on behavior and usage (profiling), to provide you with relevant content.
- To generate traffic insights to understand how users interact with our platform and how we can improve our services.
- To create statistics about the use of our services.
- To further protect our products and services against misuse.
- To ensure compliance with all the statutory obligations that apply to us.
- To save your settings and preferences in order to prevent you from having to re-enter this information.
- To contact you, e.g. your interest in our product(s), research collaboration etc.
You may be asked to provide your contact details to access free content services (such as webinars, technical papers, presentations, etc.). By submitting your contact details, you give consent to be subscribed to the newsletter services from that specific platform. Your contact details may also be shared with the sponsor of that specific content feature.
Processing your personal data in any other way will only occur if you have given us your unambiguous permission for such additional processing.
4) Marketing Partners and Other Vendors
5) Data Retention
Unless we receive a deletion request, we will retain your information. We do not keep your details for any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which you submitted them.
6) International Use of Websites
Our website is managed in part on servers located within Malaysia but can be accessed online globally.
By providing us with your personal details directly or indirectly, you accept the processing of your details according to these guidelines.
Most web browsers offer tools/preferences to make website visits anonymous. However, if your browser does not accept cookies from our websites, you may not be able to access, view, or utilize all the websites’ features.
Our websites use Google Analytics, a web analysis service offered by Google Inc. (‘Google’ TM). Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’ to help websites analyze how users are using their sites. The information generated by the cookie, regarding your use of the websites (including your IP address), is transferred to Google and stored on the servers located in the United States.
Google uses this information to keep track of how you use the websites, to generate reports on website activity for the website operators, and to offer other services relating to website activity and internet use.
Google may pass this information on to third parties if it is legally required to do so or if third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google will not link your IP address to any other information in its possession relating to you.
8) Your personal data information rights:
At all times, PG will comply with the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to rectification – you can ask that your information be updated or corrected.
- Right to be forgotten – you can ask that your information be permanently deleted.
- Right of portability – you can ask to have your information transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you may seek to prohibit certain uses of your personal data.
- Right of access – you have the right to know what personal data has been collected about you and how it’s being used.
For any of the above requests regarding your personal details, you can contact our Data Controller at [email protected].
9) Third-Party Links and Uses
We may share your information with law enforcement officials or governmental agencies: (1) in response to their request; (2) when permitted or required by law; or (3) to establish our compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, or guidelines.
PG does not authorize or assert the accuracy of information published on its digital and print platforms. If readers make decisions based on the information published on our platforms, they do so at their own risk. PG does not accept responsibility for decisions made based on the accuracy of information published.
10) Digital Mailing Lists and Content
We offer newsletter services, free of charge to our subscribers.
All newsletters have an unsubscribe option included, so that a subscriber can remove themselves from any mailing list.
12) Company Contact Information